With the myriad of home improvement options available nowadays, many people find themselves stuck in a bind when it comes time to reinvest money into their properties. Thus, in an effort to help you make a confident, informed decision about your next refurbishment or augmentation, we’ve compiled a list of the most valuable options:
- New Porch: When properly erected by an experienced contractor, a new porch provides a lucrative 70% return on your initial investment. This means that your home’s intrinsic value will increase by about 70% of the upfront installation costs, not to mention the immediate improvement in terms of curb appeal.
- Window Replacements: If you opt for contemporary double- or triple-glazed windows, you will be able to reduce interior heat loss by up to 25% and decrease your monthly utility expenditures by about 40%. In addition, you will also increase your home’s resale value by about 50-60% of the initial installation costs.
- Modernised Doors: Contrary to popular belief, installing new doors around your property provides the greatest investment benefits, with upward of a 90% ROI after accounting for the materials and labour. Additionally, nine in every ten real estate agents state, “…any property with brand-new exterior doors is easier to sell and sells much faster than homes with aged or dilapidated entryways.”
Now that you have a clearer picture of today’s home improvement matrix, the next step involves being able to ascertain a reputable, cost-effective local installation team. In this regard, feel free to use the checklist shown below as an agenda to help expedite and focus your research efforts.
Step One – Find an Experienced Firm
If you would like to avoid working with a novice contractor or extortionate middleman, it is in your best interests to look for a company that can claim the following:
- 20 years’ experience within the home improvement industry
- Robust in-house showroom
- Highlighted on the CheckaTrade platform, with high ratings in reliability, timekeeping, tidiness, courtesy, and workmanship.
Step Two – Ensure the Proper Accreditations
Next, it is important to note that the most renowned local firms, such as The Window Centre in Pinner, for instance, are able to claim the following certifications and endorsements:
- FENSA registered company
- Listed on harrow.org.uk
- Featured on the houzz platform
- Member of the Energy Efficient Homes Group (EEHG)
Step Three – Check the Company’s Proficiencies and Aptitudes
Last, but not least, you will have to evaluate your installation team’s suite of services to ensure that you will not have to hire any third-party contractors or additional suppliers:
- Comprehensive window solutions, including a wide range of materials, security fittings, frame options, and colours.
- Customised exterior doors, including composite options, bi-fold constructs, uPVC doors, patio entryways, and even French doors.
- Top-to-bottom porch construction with an in-house design, measurement, and installation specialisation.
- Easy-to-use online request form to schedule a personalised consultation and site survey.